Want to work for IT?
Do you like working with technology and helping people? Do you want to put your skills to use and make a difference in service delivery to our faculty, students, and staff while earning some spending money? Come work for Information & Technology Solutions (IT) in the IT Service Desk or on various IT projects and initiatives! IT hires students for a variety of positions across campus. Some positions require technical expertise but others don’t have any specific prerequisite knowledge requirements.
Our Consultants Program
A Student Consultant is a Mines student who works for IT to provide technology assistance as needed across campus. Students who work as Consultants work as service desk agents, providing first level support to troubleshoot and resolve problems with computers, printers, classroom technology, etc. Consultant may also be dispatched to offices, student spaces and classrooms to deliver IT related services. Consultants also assist IT staff with tasks related to desktop support services, operations, networking, telecommunications, administrative, High Performance Computing (HPC), Security Operations Center, Labs and Classrooms services.
The ideal candidate has:
- a combination of excellent interpersonal communication skills and technology knowledge
- compassion and empathy when working with members of the Mines community who are having technical difficulties
- interest in technology
Consultant positions are available in the following IT Teams:
- Client Services/User Experience and Support Services (UXSS): Troubleshoot technology issues.
- Instructional Technology: Labs and Classrooms software and hardware support.
- Networking: Adds, Moves. Changes to ensure reliable network connectivity on campus.
- Telecommunications: Cabling
- Security: Security Operations Center assignments
- Web and Applications Development: Love to Code? ITS will begin hiring students to work with the Web and Applications Development team to develop and maintain web services and applications, and our mobile app (The M).
We offer training in technology and flexible hours available including week days, nights and weekends. You can work around your class schedule. We also offer promotion opportunities and ways you can get involved to have a bigger role.
To search for available positions, log into Workday by clicking on the Workday icon on the my.mines.edu homepage, and search for the ITS Service Desk Student Consultant position under Careers. If are having trouble accessing Workday, you can send a resume and a statement of interest directly to email@example.com.