FROM: Office of the CIO <firstname.lastname@example.org>
SUBJECT: Okta Go-Live: What to Expect Next Weekend
TO: campus email lists
Faculty, Students, and Staff,
We remain on schedule to launch Mines’ new modern single sign-on (SSO) portal – powered by Okta – over Spring Break. To minimize disruption to campus operations, the first phase of this transition is set to begin on Friday at 10:00 pm.
This new SSO portal – my.mines.edu – will improve Mines’ overall security and resiliency while making it easier to access your favorite applications. In addition, it will better protect Mines and your data and enhance the user experience by providing:
- most of your application access in one place
- secure access on any device
- one web address and set of credentials to remember
What can campus community members expect during the initial go-live?
- Between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm on Saturday, March 18, there will be intermittent access to the applications listed below.
- Once the initial launch completes, you will receive an email from Okta with a link to activate your Okta account. After clicking the link, you will then see the familiar DUO screen for multi-factor authentication (MFA). After DUO, you will be brought to the my.mines.edu portal. This process will take less than 5 minutes.
Applications impacted by the Okta implementation:
|Google Suite||KnowBe4||Zoom||TeamDynamix (TDX)|
|Mines Dining Website||Mines Help Center||My Library Account||OneAegis|
|Tao||Turnitin||Vacation Sick Leav||You at Mines|
|Geode Scheduler||Health Portal||MAPS||Book Store|
|Parchment||Mastering Engineering||Page Up||Percipio|
|International Students and Scholar Services||Residence Life Housing Portal||CRS|
We hope that giving this advance notice will minimize the disruption as much as possible. ITS will have staff working over the weekend to address application access issues that may occur. We fully expect access to be restored to all applications by 6 pm. Saturday, March 18.
Thank you for your understanding as we modernize and secure application access.