|Subject: Important information about your migration to Office 365 and Exchange Online
This message is intended for username: XXXXX and the e-mail account: XXXXX@mines.edu
You may have seen in the Daily Blast that we will be migrating Exchange users to the cloud. In addition to a wonderful new Outlook Web experience your mailbox quota will increase from the default three gigabyte quota to fifty gigabytes! As part of this process your Exchange migration will be done the morning of (DATE). For the most part, the process should be fairly seamless for Outlook users, but there are a few important changes to be aware of:
- Your username for any e-mail client will be your ‘@mines.edu’ email address. Anything in the format ‘adit\jquser’ or ‘jquser’ will need to be changed to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org
- The new address for webmail will be https://outlook.office365.com
- You can also open the Outlook app from https://portal.office.com
- Both options will redirect you to a Mines login page where you can enter your Mines user name (in ‘email@example.com’ format) and password.
- We have more information posted at https://www.mines.edu/ccit/faculty-staff-email-online/. If you have any questions please reply to this message.
- Exchange Online officially supports Outlook 2013+ (Windows) and Outlook 2016+ (Mac OS). If you have an older version of Outlook, please contact CCIT at https://helpdesk.mines.edu to inquire about upgrading. To find out what version of Outlook you have, follow the instructions here: What Version of Outlook do I have?
Please take the time to login to the web interface once you have been migrated.
Detailed instructions for individual mail clients:
You should be prompted to restart the Outlook application once the migration is complete. If prompted for your username and password, remember to use your e-mail address as your username, and select “Save Password”. Outlook may be slow to launch the first time and make additional requests for your credentials, but these behaviors should resolve themselves within the first 24-48 hours. If not, please enter a service request at https://helpdesk.mines.edu. It is recommended to clear your autocomplete cache. This is found under File -> Options -> Mail -> Send Messages -> On the right side there is an Empty Auto-Complete List. Select it and click yes.
Please allow Autodiscover to update your settings. Autodiscover is required for Exchange Online to work properly. This will be a pop-up box when you first start Outlook. We recommend checking the box and selecting the Always button. You will need to change your username to your e-mail address in the mail settings under Preferences -> Accounts -> Update your username so that it is your e-mail address the click on advanced and change the server section so that it reads outlook.office365.com instead of exchange.mines.edu. Only change that portion of the URL. The rest of the URL address should not be changed. It should read https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx
You will need to change your username to your e-mail address in the mail settings. This is done under Settings -> Passwords & Accounts. The server setting should say outlook.office365.com, domain empty, and the username should be set to your e-mail address.
You will need to change your username. Go to Preferences -> Accounts -> Server Settings and replace the username with your e-mail address. Restart Mail. If you still cannot connect go back into the server settings, uncheck Automatically Manage and replace both sections that say exchange.mines.eduwith outlook.office365.com.
Because of the variety of Android versions and mail clients, we cannot provide specific instructions. Most clients will either update automatically or require you to update your username to match your email address. If that is not an option for your client, it may be easier to simply delete and recreate the account. We also suggest trying the official Outlook app from Microsoft if you are having problems.
You will need to change your username to your e-mail address in the mail settings. The new server settings are:
Encryption Method: TLS
(OUTGOING) SMTP Setting
Encryption Method: STARTTLS
NOT RECOMMENDED use at your own risk—–
Encryption Method: TLS