Vendor: SolidWorks Corporation.
Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows and Apple MacOS (from Virtual Labs).
General Description: The SolidWorks web-site describes SolidWorks as“3D CAD software (which) allows your team to design better products that can set you apart from your competitors. Each release delivers innovations and customer-requested enhancements that enable you to work smarter and faster.
Availability: This product is installed in all ITS-managed Windows labs and available to students on their personally owned Windows computers. Faculty and Staff can request the software to be installed on their Mines owned computers.
In addition, Minitab is available on Mines Virtual Labs. To gain access, you can review instructions linked below:
Scope of License: Campus-wide education site license. Student home use is included in the Mines license. Research Labs are not included. Terms of the License are:
- You plan to use the Software for instructional purposes in classes for full-time, degree-, diploma- or certificate-seeking students where a student must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours of courses and lab work to be considered a full-time student, or you plan to use the Software for instructional purposes in a government certified apprenticeship program for degree-, diploma- or certificate-seeking students. (Please note that research labs are NOT eligible for Education Edition Licenses.)
- You will not use the files created by the Software for research or commercial purposes or enable others to use the files created by the Software for research or commercial purposes.
- Faculty or Staff: for installation on a Mines-owned machine, and the use meets the terms listed above, then please submit a Mines Help Center request.
- Students: you can download and install the software on your personally owned computers by visiting the Software Download site where you will find instructions on how to download the software and get the license file for the installation.
- For research and non-classroom use please contact our SolidWorks reseller for current pricing and purchasing:
Computer Aided Technology, Inc (CATI)
2075 Bryant Street
Denver, CO 80209
Phone (303) 481-6929
Training: Available at the SolidWorks YouTube channel.
In case of difficulties running the software in a Mines ITS managed lab: Contact ITS via the Mines Help Center. We want the program to be properly installed, licensed and functioning. If you have questions about the use of the program, please contact your instructor, TA or lab manager.