Vendor: Minitab, Inc.
Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows (Desktop) and Apple MacOS (from Virtual Labs).
General Description: Minitab, Inc says that “Minitab is the ideal statistical software to help you achieve your goals because it is:
- Easy to use – Minitab leverages your students’ existing software skills and has a highly intuitive interface designed to complement how they learn statistics
- Comprehensive – Minitab contains a complete set of sound, peer-reviewed methods; no need to buy, learn, or maintain separate add-ins or modules.
- Inexpensive and accessible – Offers many affordable ways for you and your students to use Minitab, from renting a single copy for a semester to providing unlimited use to your entire university community both on and off campus.
- Compatible with any curriculum – The organization of statistics and graphs in Minitab parallels the approach used in virtually all leading textbooks.
- Widely used in business and industry – Thousands of companies in more than 80 countries use Minitab to implement Six Sigma and other data-driven quality improvement programs.”
Availability: This product is installed in all ITS-managed Windows labs and available to students on their personally owned Windows computers. Faculty and Staff can request the software to be installed on their Mines owned computers.
In addition, Minitab is available on Mines Virtual Labs. To gain access, you can review instructions linked below:
Scope of License: Licensed for use only on Mines-owned machines located on campus and for download on student personally owned computers.
- Faculty or Staff: for installation on a Mines owned computer, please submit a Mines Help Center request.
- Students: you can download and install the software on your personally owned computers by visiting the Software Download site where you will find instructions on how to download the software and get the license file for the installation.
Cost to Qualified Mines End-Users: ITS does not charge for use of this license in supported labs and classrooms.
On-Line training: Quality Trainer by Minitab is available to the Mines community. You can request Quality Trainer access and Group setup via the Mines Help Center.
In case of difficulties running the software in a Mines ITS managed lab: Contact ITS via the Mines Help Center. We want the program to be properly installed, licensed and functioning. If you have questions about the use of the program, please contact your instructor, TA or lab manager.