Supported Operating Systems:
- Server versions also available for Linux.
- Full Feature Cloud Based Option Available on website.
General Description: ArcGIS is a map editing software. You may subscribe to the Esri HigherEd List so you’ll know when it’s announced. Subscribe at: http://edcommunity.esri.com/community/HigherEd/
Esri Site License Resources are found at: https://www.esri.com/en-us/industries/education/licensing. Check the Esri Press Desk Copy Request form for the latest Esri books.
Method for Obtaining:
- ArcGIS is available through an online platform at https://csmgis.maps.arcgis.com/
- For downloading ArcGIS for Desktop or ArcGIS Pro for Desktop, please see the Mines software download site.
- All licenses will be good through the end of each contract year, June 30, regardless of when this is installed.
Documentation: Training can be found in the training section of the ArcGIS website. Mines has free access to all courses on ESRI’s Virtual Campus. Please see your ESRI linked account at https://csmgis.maps.arcgis.com/ for more information.
Software support can be found in the support section of the ESRI website.
In case of difficulties running the software in a Mines ITS managed lab: Contact ITS via the Mines Help Center. We want the program to be properly installed, licensed and functioning. If you have questions about the use of the program, please contact your instructor, TA or lab manager.